The Friends of the St. Augustine Amphitheatre, Inc. (FOSAA) is a non-profit organization committed to making the Amphitheatre more accessible to the community. FOSAA is a private, distinct and separate organization from the St. Augustine Amphitheatre and St. Johns County. It was created in 2009 and installed its Board of Directors in early March 2010. FOSAA received 501(c) 3 tax exempt status soon after and has since become a visible presence in the community.
FOSAA is an independent corporation with its primary mission to increase access to the St. Augustine Amphitheatre by schools and other non-profit community organizations. FOSAA assists the venue in promoting excellence in programming and in being a positive contributor to the quality of life for citizens and visitors to St. Johns County.
We accomplish our mission by developing resources through Friend and Corporate Sponsorships as well as other fundraising efforts to:
- Provide subsidies, in the form of grants, to school and non-profit community organizations that wish to use the Amphitheatre for their own cultural or arts events and fundraisers.
- Sponsor a one-week “Children’s Music and Arts Camp” for elementary school students.
- Sponsor “St. Augustine – Camp Rock”, a one week camp for middle and high school students.
- Hold a free “Children’s Arts Festival” featuring activities led by local artists, musicians and arts and other organizations.
- Award grants to support Murray Middle School’s musical presentations for school children, at the Amphitheatre.
- Sponsor other special events and “family friendly” performances in conjunction with the Amphitheatre
Board of Directors
IMMEDIATE PAST PRESIDENT
Nico Heather Recore