PURPOSE OF THE COMMUNITY GRANT PROGRAM
To make the arts more accessible to community schools and organizations through grants of up to $500. Grant award can be used to:
- bring students or community groups to performances
- assist organizations with rental fees required to stage an event at the St. Augustine Amphitheatre.
Once a grant is submitted, the grantee will be notified of the Grant Review Committee’s decision within forty-five calendar days. It is the intention of the Board to provide as many organizations with funding as possible within the available budget.
If a grant is awarded, FOSAA must be recognized for its sponsorship in all related publicity/printed matter.
Applications should be typed in fonts size of 11 or larger. Hand written or incomplete grant applications will not be accepted. An original and four copies should be mailed to FOSAA, P. O. Box 840179, St. Augustine, FL 32080-0179. For questions related to the application call 904-471-4113.
For organizations,the following should also be attached to the original only:
- Face sheet from Articles of Incorporation
- Copy of the IRS letter of tax-exempt status
Schools and not-for-profit community organizations
ALLOWABLE GRANT EXPENDITURES:
- ticket costs to attend a performance
- bus transportation to attend a performance
- rental fees for facility use
POST GRANT REPORTING REQUIREMENTS:
A final report must be submitted within thirty days of the completion of the event. Failure to submit this report will eliminate the organization from future grant eligibility. Any funds not used or used for non-allowable expenses must be reimbursed to FOSAA within thirty days of the completion of the event.