Board of Directors – Left to Right:
1st Row: Andi Marx, Carol Gladstone
2nd Row: Barbara Wentz
3rd Row: Jessica Getchius, Susan Green, Jack Wentz
4th Row: Kristina Acosta-Nourse, Marla Taylor
5th Row: Marc Gladstone
The Friends of the St. Augustine Amphitheatre, Inc. (FOSAA) is a non-profit organization committed to making the Amphitheatre more accessible to the community. FOSAA is a private, distinct and separate organization from the St. Augustine Amphitheatre and St. Johns County. It was created in 2009 and installed its Board of Directors in early March 2010. FOSAA received 501(c) 3 tax exempt status soon after and has since become a visible presence in the community.
FOSAA is an independent corporation with its primary mission to increase access to the St. Augustine Amphitheatre by schools and other non-profit community organizations. FOSAA assists the venue in promoting excellence in programming and in being a positive contributor to the quality of life for citizens and visitors to St. Johns County.
We accomplish our mission by developing resources through Friend and Corporate Sonsorships as well as other fundraising efforts to:
Subsidize group attendance at Amphitheatre cultural and art events.
Provide subsidies, in the form of grants, to school and non-profit community organizations that wish to use the Amphitheatre for their own cultural or arts events.
FOSAA has been successful in creating and implementing a granting process, offering funds to schools and non-profit organizations, to utilize the St. Augustine Amphitheatre. This is accomplished through grants to offset some of their usage costs. We hope to benefit our entire community through this outreach program and bring greater awareness of the venue.
In the past year FOSAA has:
- Sponsored a free one-week Children’s Music and Arts Camp for sixty children.
- Held a free Children’s Arts Festival in June, with over 1200 in attendance, featuring activities led by local artists and musicians.
- Supported Murray Middle School’s musical presentations for school children, at the Amphitheatre.
- Funded a “Lost Skills Workshop” at the Amphitheatre for a local Girl Scout troop.
- Sponsored a free community performance of the Air Force Band and Singing Sergeants.
- Presented seven free community events for the 2014 December to Remember
• ”It’s a Wonderful Life”
• Holiday Storytime Reading and Elf Workshop
• Rockapella Holiday Revue
• Manhattan Transfer
• Murray Middle School’s “Yes Virginia”
• Food Trucks and “Home Alone.”
• The St. Augustine Fire Department Chili Cook Off and Double Feature Movie Night.
Board of Directors
Jessica Getchius (Interim)
AND GRANTS CHAIR