GET READY FOR SOME FUN!
THE FRIENDS OF THE ST. AUGUSTINE AMPHITHEATRE’S
“A GATHERING OF FRIENDS – CHILDREN’S ARTS FESTIVAL”
Mark your calendars and bring the kids to FOSAA’s Fourth Annual, A Gathering of Friends – Children’s Arts Festival, Sunday, October 15th, from 10 AM – 3PM, at the Amphitheatre. The list includes individuals and organizations who will share their talents with the children. This is a totally interactive experience and it’s free! Children can sing, dance, play instruments, engage in a variety of art projects, take part in a hoedown, make a puppet, tell stories, play theatre games, get a library card, join a drum circle, and lots, lots more. Area organizations with information for families, and a select group of non-food vendors will also be on hand. Concession stands will be open all day and goodie bags will be given to the first 300 children. For further information and an application to participate, please e-mail Carol Gladstone, firstname.lastname@example.org. FOSAA (Friends of the St Augustine Amphitheatre) is a non-profit organization dedicated to increasing usage of the Amphitheatre by the community. FOSAA sponsors two summer camps, special events and performances, and awards grants to schools and non-profits wishing to hold their own events at the Amphitheatre.
GREAT LINEUP PLANNED FOR FOSAA CHILDREN’S ARTS FESTIVAL
Spread the word! On Sunday, October 15th from 10 A.M. – 3 P.M, FOSAA will be holding its 4rd Annual Children’s Arts Festival at the Amphitheatre. This is a totally interactive event and it’s FREE! Our participants include individuals and organizations that will engage children in dancing, singing, story-telling, theatre games, art and lots more. Velofest will hold a pedestrian safety rodeo in the parking lot, and give our 200 bike helmets. Concessions will be open all day and, there are specially packed goodie bags for the first 300 children.
Here’s a list of some of the great activities for the kids:
- Join a drum circle with Ray Nutter
- Make a three dimensional art project with the SJC Public Library Anastasia Branch
- Visit the Bookmobile
- Make a steam project with the TAG Children’s Museum
- Chip and learn about The First Tee:
- Dance with:, Carre Academy of Irish Dance and SA Dance Academy
- Dress in costumes and play theatre games with the Limelight KidzfACTory
- Tell stories with Tale Tellers
- Visit the Alligator Farm booth for art/educational fun and a special animal guests
- Learn about the SJC Watershed Protection Program through activities and displays
- Work on a Native American art project with the National Park Service.
- Try out different instruments at Scott Sweet’s Instrument Petting Zoo
- Visit Velofest for a pedestrian safety rodeo
- Stop for information about the SA Youth Orchestra: and enjoy a performance by their stringed quartet
- Enjoy the SA Youth Chorus
- Make a puppet with Rick Greenough Crookshank Puppets
- Stop at Fun4Auggie Kids for great information and crafts
- Discover the unique products at Fundanoodle with Libby:
- Make sea turtles with Friends of Anastasia State Park
- Discover the creative world of Qubits Toys
- Have your face painted by Brianna or Brittany
- Join in for a good old fashioned Hoedown with Skin ‘n Bonz
- Sing, dance and create art with SJCCA Murray Middle School faculty
FOSAA wishes to thank Ryan Murphy, Andrew Seward and the staff of the St. Augustine Amphitheatre for their assistance. FOSAA is a 501c 3 non-profit organization, dedicated to increasing visibility and usage of the Amphitheatre by the community and is separate and distinct from the St. Augustine Amphitheatre and the St. Johns County Cultural Events Division